Frequently Asked Questions
How does the process work?
- You fill out a warranty claim for for the product you are having trouble with
- You email the claim, along with photos, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The claim is then reviewed, entered, and processed
- This creates a parts order and/or credit if necessary
- The claim is processed by the manufacturer
- Credit and/or part(s) is sent to the dealer
How do I file a warranty claim?
- Download the correct warranty claim form from our website
- Make sure you have all the required information
- Fill out the warranty form completely with the correct information
- Please print clearly, or better yet, type it
- Always email warranty claim forms. Fax only when absolutely necessary. This way Tim can send an email confirmation.
- Never fax pictures
- Please limit email attachments to 5mb or less. Send pictures in multiple emails if necessary
What information do I need to file a warranty?
- Model number
- Serial number
- Purchase date
- Customer information
- Part number(s)
- Problem(s), described clearly
Where do I find the proper warranty claim form?
- All claim forms can be found on our website
- Click the logo of the brand you need and you will see the link for the forms
Do I need to order the part and then file a warranty claim?
- No. Please do not do this. It will slow down the process and you will likely end up with two parts; one covered under warranty and one that you will have to pay for.
Will ordering the part make it come faster than waiting for warranty?
- No, it will not come faster. In fact, in many cases it will come slower than warranty parts. You will also end up with two parts, one covered under warranty and one that you will have to pay for.
How do I file a warranty claim when I used a part I have in stock?
- Fill out the warranty claim for with the same information as usual and clearly mark on the form that you would like credit only, no parts. Please note that once the warranty is entered it cannot be changed.
Will I be charged for warranty parts?
- It depends on the brand. Some parts you will get no charge. Others you will be billed for and then credited back.
What if I don’t have the part numbers?
- Check your manual, or call Tim at Ext: 819 or email email@example.com.
What do I do with defective part(s)?
- Please keep them for 90 days to ensure we don’t need them back to complete the warranty. We will contact you if we need them. After 90 days you can dispose of them.
What if I can’t get the warranty claim form from the website?
- Contact Tim and he will email or fax it to you.
Can I have the warranty part(s) sent directly to the end customer?
- Yes, if it is clearly indicated on the warranty claim. Please note, once the claim has been entered the shipping address cannot be changed.
Is the shipping cost of warranty parts covered under warranty?
- Yes, Brownstone will pay for the cost of standard shipping of warranty parts.